We were lucky enough to get snowed in yesterday as a family…okay well I was “working from home”, but the hubs took the day off….and Finley, well she just goes with the flow. Since we got almost a foot of snow I figured it was perfect cookie weather. I decided on oatmeal cookies since they have oatmeal, raisins, and craisins and in my book that makes them healthy. Oatmeal lowers cholesterol right? Raisins and craisins are fruit right? Certainly all that cancels out the butter and sugar….right?
The recipe I used as a guide requested 3/4 cup of each white and brown sugar, but I somehow didn’t have brown sugar on hand so I improvised with plain ole white sugar.
Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Craisin Crazy Cookies
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 3/4 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup craisins
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Soak raisins and craisins in warm water to plump them up.
- In large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs and vanilla until fluffy. Stir together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Gradually beat into butter mixture. Stir in oats, craisins, and raisins. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown. Cool slightly, remove from sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
Serve with a glass of cold milk and a fluffy blanket.