It’s official, summer is here and that means it’s time for sundresses, BBQs, and beers on the deck. Woot woot. Granted, that isn’t to say that we don’t drink beer on the deck year round, it is just more common this time of year. Summer is my favorite time of year, even though I don’t get summer break from school anymore, I still love the anticipation of what the summer will bring.
This summer should prove to be very interesting since this will be our first summer as parents-makes us sound old right? We have already bought the obligatory baby pool, many baby bikinis & sun hats so I think that we are set up to have an enjoyable season. I just hope this kid doesn’t dampen our deck fun.
These are a few reasons that I love summer:
- When it stays light out until 9pm
- The smell of honeysuckle wafting through the air
- Any food cooked on a stick on the grill
- Tubing down the river (yes, I am aware that this may qualify me for hick status-but it is FUN)
- Beers on the deck
- Short shorts
- All the fresh local vegetables & fruits
- Picking fresh fruit from the farm stand
- Pool parties
- Ice cream